Monday, December 19, 2005

Tiger


Tiger came into our lives in July '04. He adopted us.
I'd been noticing animal hair on the front door mat. I thought hmmm the people before us had a dog - but how could our mat have all that hair. One day Bill said hey, come here. And we looked out the bay window and there was this orange tabby cat curled up there on the mat in the warm sunshine like he owned the place! Bill said he has seen the cat there before (but he never told me about him). We thought of all kinds of stories about how he came to be at our house. I started to leave food and water outside for him. He seemed really shy so we thought he was a wild cat, or stray - as wild as a cat can be in this residential area. We slowly started to offer to let him in but he was so nervous. Eventually he came in and took up permanent residence. He's a bit of an aloof old codger. He doesn't show any affection other than that massaging thing some cats do. But he's nice to have around. I worry about him if he is outside in the cold all night. I love to see him eat with gusto.

Lucy is the complete opposite of Tiger. He tolerates her but that is about it. She sure makes up for his lack of energy. She chases him and picks on him and grabs his tail and jumps on his back. She was only 8 weeks old when we got her at the end of August. She would follow him around and pester him and it reminded me of the way Lucy pester Charlie Brown - the way she would grab the football out from under him just as he took a running kick.

1 Comments:

Blogger havlow said...

"HEY BLOCKHEAD!!!" Sorry couldn't resist the Lucy reference when I saw that. I have a cat named Charly...affectionately known as Chuck or Blockhead when she's bad...which is a lot lately.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home