Monday, August 14, 2006

Home Sick

I was sent home from work this morning by my co-workers and manager. I’ve been sick since Tuesday. I worked half days Wednesday and Thursday and stayed home all day Friday. I thought it was best to make an appearance at work at least but expected not to make the whole day. When your co-workers and manager give you trouble for coming in in the first place WHY STAY!

This cold has been ever changing. It hasn’t been miserable but it has been a tough one. It started with a sore throat, so be warned; It is going around.

Eating when I am hungry enough hasn’t been great but it hasn’t been totally awful either. I do okay for the morning meals but lunch is lazy. I cooked myself a steak and salad for dinner Saturday but last night I was lazy and wanted comfort food and had homemade tortellini alfredo. I am planning to have a chicken stir-fry tonight to use up some vegetables in the ‘fridge.

I look forward to getting back to my workouts. I also want to get back to waking at 6am for a brisk 20 min. walk every morning. This really gets the metabolism jumpstarted for the whole day. It’s just planning. (Isn’t it always about the planning?)

The hardest thing these last few days has been feeling sick and lonely. Aaron has been with his dad all week and Bill returned to Calgary on Monday and I won’t see him again until the Sept. long weekend. The highlight of my day yesterday was going out for gas and cat food. I really don’t know how single people do it. Sometimes I can really fill my time but I suppose I’m a bit (more?) pathetic because I am ill. Sometimes I have energy and I did laundry, vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen. Other times, I’m just loafing on the sofa here watching tv and surfing the web. For example, today I posted pictures of Lucy on a radio website to win a prize of free pet food.

I promised you pictures of my trip to Calgary so here they are:


At Calgary Stampede

I'm having technical difficulties uploading more pictures...stay tuned.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home