Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Been Away Too Long

Apologies to all my readers for my long absence (again). I am really impressed with all you prolific writers. You do so well keeping your blogs up-to-date and you all are so interesting!

I am well. I am thrilled today to find that the scale read 133.4 lbs! Wahoo! I wore a suit today that I bought 3 years ago from the Victoria Secret catalogue. It never fit me until late last week and I think it fits better today than it did then! I sure got a lot of compliments on it! It’s a beige suit and I wore a white camisole and black belt and black sandals. (just like the catalogue picture pretty much!)


Obviously it is so out of the norm for me to dress nice and be so well presented that's why I got so many comments. Even my former manager, a man, walked by in the hall and said "WOW". I smiled demurely and said 'thank you'. That was all there was to the exchange. I wish Bill could see - he wants me to send him a picture but all got was a picture from my cell phone and it isn't great but it'll do. Perhaps its just as well [that he's out of town]. I might have had to call in a sick day.

I know many of you will identify with this 'thing' that some of us have. You know when you feel bad about yourself you dress badly? I feel like I'd been dressing like a bag lady. Well, for the last couple of weeks I've been seeing improvements in my body. Things are starting to pay off! I know in the past the time I start seeing these things is when I start to slack or sabotage myself. I really endeavor not to let that happen this time. What is the problem? Why do we do that? I guess I fear looking good. But that's all I want! Okay, living healthily is the goal too, but appearance certainly is something I fixate on.

So one of the reasons I've not blogged in awhile is that the new laptop I got at the beginning of May was a complete LEMON! It crashed constantly and the main problem I suppose was the memory. They asked ME to open it up and 're-seat' the memory card. I couldn't even get the bloody thing out. I was on the phone with the help desk guy and sweating like it was my first open-heart surgery. I subsequently broke one of the holding pins. The guy says 'okay well, you can close it up now and we'll send you a replacement laptop.' So, it was mid-to end of May when I got my new laptop and its been working well from the get go. At the same time at the beginning of May the desktop computer crashed and Bill fixed it when he was in town for the Victoria Day Long Weekend. Not the best way for him to spend his time at home (he's working in Calgary) but I really appreciated it. But now, it is dead again I can't seem to access some files that are supposed to be on the network - so they must be on that hard drive.

That's all for today - TTYL

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Glad to see you back Hon! --Silly puters!!! geees you should call me some time & we should hook up if you have time on your hands with Hubby away :D
email me& I'll send ya the 3 if you want :D

6:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

ooops meant # guess I didn't hold the shift properly! :}

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home