Saturday, April 22, 2006

Jen's new toes


So. Here are my new toes. It was not an unpleasant experience on the whole. I'm not all gaga over it like some ladies do. It sure is different seeing paint on my toes - dark colour no less. Shame they are always covered by socks and slippers...


The most important thing I had to do today was get kitty litter. Petcetera was all out of Nature's Miracle kitty litter but after some effort they put me on a list to call when it comes in. I will have to check to see if Bosley's got theirs in, tomorrow after the driving range.

After that I went to the ethic grocery store - Sandhand Market - which I've driven by many times and recently seen ads for. I was looking for nice fresh whole wheat pitas and I found them! They had a lot of quantity and it was the same brand as the donair place we discovered in Marpole. They also have fresh Naan we will get next time we cook a curry.

I bought some coarse sea salt ($1.99), some fresh walnuts and some wuuunnnderful dates. The guy in the store sold me on them. I asked if the walnuts were fresh (NO, I didn't say 'are your nuts fresh?') and he said in his accent, SURE YOU TRY ONE, so I did. Nice. He said what's really good, is you eat the walnut with the date over there on the counter. He had an open box of dates on the counter for buying like a box of matches or, remember you used to get chunks of chocolate at the counter (penny candy)? The date was divine by itself but with the walnut it was a really natural pleasant treat or dessert. So I bought some! A nice box only $3.99 and the walnuts were less than that at $1.99 a pound. I thought I would take them in to work for Food day.

I feel really pleased with myself that I got my run in today before breakfast and before NOON! ha ha. I think I missed lunch altogether, though. Can I make up for it tomorrow?

Tomorrow is the driving range and a second chance at kitty litter. I also have a diabolical plan to use the slow cooker tomorrow. And it aint BFL friendly.

TTYL friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan&Roz said...

Hi Jennifer! Loved reading all the lastest posts and looking at your pix! You've been dedicated! You look great by the way, and what pretty toenails! makes me want to paint mine, but like you, mine are always covered by socks (my feet get cold mega easily!)

Anyways, I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOVE dates as well - altho they have to be super fresh and moist - well as moist as dehydrated dates can be-(Save-On has the best ones I've ever had!) Yum! I haven't had dates in awhile, but I use to have them as "dessert" b/c they are so good and satisfy my sweet tooth! :oD

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home