Thursday, April 20, 2006

Today's Lesson

Okay that was kind of funny today. Tracker people teaching each other grammar and how to spell. I've never seen a larger group of lazy spellers - except perhaps high school students.

Today's lesson started with Loose and Lose. That is a difficult one at the best of times and I am guilty of that one, but my peeve - and I see it ALL THE TIME on Tracker is when people use the word THEN when they are comparing things - the proper word is THAN.

I shall borrow an example from another lesson that was being preached in another thread: Whole foods are better THAN bars and shakes. I suppose this error comes up mostly because people say what they think they hear.
I am no English teacher or grammar expert (but granma was always on our case) but I really do try to speak and write correctly - unless I am intentionally doing it. My hardest lesson is IT'S and ITS. I still don't have it right to this day.

I had a good LBWO today on my new plan. I had extra time and energy so I ran 10 mins on the treadmill at 4.0 mph and 2.0 incline.

I am struggling with what to make for supper tonight as I am alone. I made a balanced Tomato Fiesta Soup (has ground turkey breast in it) last night for supper and there are 3 servings left over but I'll save those to take for lunch to the office. I think there is a frozen hamburger patty in the freezer. It might even be a homemade turkey burger.

Today's food intake:
Meal one:
2 Colonix pills
Colonix psyllium fibre drink (does not taste too bad)
RTD shake 230 calories 40-40-20 balanced

AM Snack
Eggbeaters
MRP bar 170 calories, 40-40-20 balanced
1/2 pack of soy nuts (one pack 95 calories)

Lunch
Oven baked chicken, mushroom tortellini with rose sauce (not balanced)
Chocolate mousse, 148 calories

PM Snack
Shrimp & dip, 100 calories
and the other 1/2 pack of soy nuts

8+ glasses of water so far

Today's 40-40-20 Recipe:

Chocolate Mousse
Calories: 148
Carbs: 14g
Protein: 14g
Fats: 3.3g

1 1/2 cups 1% cottage cheese
1 cup dry curd cottage cheese (aka pressed cottage cheese)
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup light cream cheese
2 Tbsp light sour cream
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup Splenda
1 pkg fat free Jell-O instant chocolate pudding
1 cup ultra low fat Cool Whip

In a blender combine both cottage cheeses, milk, cream cheese, sour cream, water, cocoa and Splenda.
Blend on medium-high speed until smooth (about 4 minutes).
Pour the mixed ingredients into a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix in the pudding powder until Mousse thickens (about 2 minutes). Gently whisk in the ultra low-fat Cool Whip.

Let chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.

When chilled, divide between 7 serving dishes (3/4 cup per serving).

(I have frozen them and they thaw nicely in my cooler lunch bag and is ready to eat the office. The mousse freezes too hard to eat directly from the freezer, so it needs thawing time in the fridge or cooler bag)

(if you don't have dry curd cottage cheese where you live, you can simply strain it in a sieve in the fridge for a few hours and towel dry - just make sure it is dry)

Bonus Recipe:

Strawberries and dip
Calories: 89
Carbs: 8.9g
Protein: 8.8g
Fats: 2.1g

1/4 cup 1% Cottage Cheese
1 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
1 Tbsp Splenda
1/2 cup strawberries

Using an electric hand blender, whip the cottage cheese, sour cram and Splenda until smooth.
Serve the strawberries with the dip.

2 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

A dog doesn't know its own name.

It's time to give the dog a name.

I didn't see that discussion on Tracker. Grammar and spelling usually drive me crazy, too. There's one that gets me: Too, two, and to.

Anyway,the food sure sounds good.

have a great weekend. Golfing with the ladies?

10:16 AM  
Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

Ha!! I am an English teacher and poor grammar and spelling really does make me crazy!!!! I can just about tolerate typos but repeated mistakes just makes me want to turn off.

But I really try to control myself and not say anything because I know what is meant and it seems a little snotty to pull someone up about it. There is one poster who makes me nuts with her poor spelling ad grammar.

I agree with you though--there's no excuse for sloppiness. Dictionaries are cheap and practice should make perfect!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home