Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oh, the Guilt!

Daily Angel Wisdom

Angels are "messengers from God," and they are in your life whether you follow a religion or not, and even if you don't believe in them.
- Margaret Neylon

(Stick with me Tom – your stuff is at the end)
Yesterday, I took the day off work (it was a scheduled day off approved by the manager) to go downtown and have my hair cut and coloured by someone other than my regular stylist! I’ve cheated on my hairdresser! Oh, you know how it is…sometimes your regular girl has been doing you so long and knows you too well and you just feel you need a bit of spark. My girl is very up-to-date actually, with what is current and is always going on training sessions to see what’s new in the industry. Last time she did my streaks I just felt they were done too finely – she said ‘chunky streaks are out’. I beg to differ – I see them all the time in the office, on the street and on tv. The month leading up to the appointment I wondered, How do I face her again afterward? How do I explain? My whole mindset was that this would just be a one time thing and I’d go back. Well, I was sitting in the chair yesterday and the new girl says, and next time it will be easier because I’ll be able to pick these out…Next time? Oh…now who am I going to offend? I came to this new girl because my boyfriend gets his hair cut by her. It’s a good trendy salon downtown and I thought I needed a change. And then at the time of payment she asks when I’d like to come back…then Bill says he’s back on March 1 and as luck would have it there was an opening right after his…Oh, well. Change is good right? I could just not ever see the regular girl again right? But oh. I started taking my son to her a couple years ago and he is in real need of a cut right now - guess I’m wearing a hat to his next appointment!?

BTW – had a good LBWO today. Missed it yesterday so did it today.

Joke of the day

(okay, so if it wasn’t on your radar, we’re having a Federal election on January 23rd, hence all the political jokes)

School
One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up fireman, mechanic, businessman, salesman, doctor, lawyer, and so forth. But little Justin was being un-characteristically quiet. When the teacher prodded him about his father he replied."My father's an exotic dancer in a Gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men and they put money in his underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and make love with him for money." The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some exercises and then took little Justin aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?" "No," the boy said, "He works for the Liberals and is helping to secure the re-election of Paul Martin, but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids!"

Fitness Tip of the day
Improve your grades! For every 2 percent increase on the treadmill grade, you burn 25% more calories. Try intervals of increasing the inclines during your walks or runs to increase your level of fitness and burn more calories.

8 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Roflmao...I have had that guilt as well...but you know what sista blend, it is your hair...now, where is the picture???????

7:55 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Thanks, Jen!

Good job getting back in the gym.

As for hair cutters - I'm staying outta that one. I go to a place called the "Haircut Store" and my usual girl is "Next" as in I'm next up.

signed by "not quite ready for retirement" Tom

9:28 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Hairdresser woes! I feel for you!

9:49 AM  
Blogger havlow said...

I've definitely had mixed feelings about getting a new hairstylist/barber in the last couple of months but I think I found one and luckily, as I'm a guy, it's a place that seems to not worry about losing the business it's just walk in and out.

1:54 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Hey, where are you?

8:26 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

HEY! Get back in here!

What's up?

2:17 PM  
Blogger havlow said...

Okay now I'm kicking down your door and I haven't been posting in FOREVER. Let us know is everything is okay!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

i just saw you over at Suzanne's place ... get back in here!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home