Monday, January 02, 2006

A Fresh New Year

I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."-- Thomas A. Edison

Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season. Now its time to get back on track with my fitness goals. I’ve had a head cold since Dec. 23. I think it is just starting to let up now. Today was the first day of Challenge 2 for me. I had a half assed upper body workout today at home with dumbbells and a fitness ball. I will be packing tuna and cottage cheese and raspberries for snacks tomorrow at work. It’s my first day back at work since my vacation started on Dec. 19. I got some time in on the recumbent bike and had 1 great 30 min. run outside in the rain the first week but that is it for fitness over the holidays. I am not looking forward to getting back to work EXCEPT for the fact that I really need to get back into the routine of things. My scheduled breaks really help me get my meals and snacks in. I have no discipline when I’m at home and honestly the boring food is not as hard to handle when I’m working. When I’m at home I want pizza for lunch or grilled Panini sandwiches or A&W Mozza burgers. If I don’t take leftover turkey breast from home tomorrow I’ll be getting a turkey wrap at the office cafeteria. They make them fresh.

I like the quote above because it tells us that we cannot expect different results if we keep doing the same things, or follow the same habits over and over. If every diet or fitness plan has failed in the past for you it’s because you didn’t change something(s) very critical – whatever that may be for you – in order to achieve the desired results. Oh, someone in the fitness world said it much better I think. I hope you get the drift.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

That reminds me of the definition of insanity..."doing the same thing while expecting different results."

Great post girl.
Christie

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home