Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Cardio Day

Today's Quote
To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.
-Unknown

Stardate: C2D2. My cold was feeling better all morning today, but when I got to the gym and onto the elliptical trainer I couldn’t stop coughing. I figure I my medication was wearing off because I was an hour away from my next dose of medication. I think it was also the change in air from the office. I expected the cardio area of the gym to be quite busy due to new resolutions but luckily I was the only one. (So at least I didn’t bother anyone with my dry cough.) Bill said the gym wasn’t busy this morning either. But then our gym didn’t do ANY advertising in Dec. They never do! We wonder how long this gym is going to be around even though they just did a whole bunch of upgrades. With no advertising how can they survive?

An 80-year-old man

An 80-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up. The doctor asked him how he was feeling and the 80-year-old said "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that?"The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began."I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season.One day when he was setting off hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun.As he neared a lake he came across a very large male beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realised he'd left his gun at home and so couldn't shoot the magnificent creature but out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it were his favourite hunting rifle and went 'bang,bang'.Miraculously, two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead.Now, what do you think of that?" asked the doctor.The 80-year-old said, "If you ask me, I'd say somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver."The doctor replied, "My point exactly".

2 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

Where do you find these things!Hilarious.

Good job getting your cardio in.

Tom

9:19 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I used that quote in my son's scrapbook under a picture of me holding him for the first time.

Thanks for the joke!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home