Sunday, April 23, 2006

Let's get Interactive!

I have the second of three appointments for my root canal on Monday. I will be talking to my dentist about tooth whitening and what she recommends. I would like to hear from anyone that might read my drivel, what they use and would recommend. (thank you for your responses…)

Lets play: What’s in your ‘fridge! (comments welcome. I can take it.)



















I am cooking shredded beef in the slower cooker this afternoon. Just one way I keep myself busy - a hobby of mine if you will. Just trying something new when I know no one's supper will be sacrificed if it doesn't turn out! I'm hoping it does turn out well andI will freeeze some until Aaron and Bill are back and I will send some to my ex-husband - to feed our wonderful son on lacrosse nights.

And other useless information:
· Heavy cleaning for 45 minutes burns 250 calories for a 155 lb person.
· Elevated blood sugar levels may increase your risk of memory loss as you age. Regular exercise and a healthy weight help you lower your blood sugar levels.
· According to the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation, today’s children could develop heart problems as early as their 30s unless they improve their eating habits and exercise regularly.
· For families with a history of food allergies, it is safest to avoid feeding high-risk foods such as nuts, seafood and egg whites to a baby under one year of age.
· Osteoporosis fractures occur in 25% of men over 50. Both men and women need to make sure they are getting enough calcium in their diet.
· Weight training is a great way for women in their 20s and 30s to maximize their bone mass and minimize their risk of osteoporosis after menopause.
· If you have low energy levels, you may be suffering from iron-deficiency anemia. But before adding an iron supplement to your diet, check with your doctor since too much iron can cause indigestion or constipation.
· If left unopened, a full freezer will keep food frozen for about 48 hours in a power outage. Count on 24 hours for a half-full freezer and only about 4 hours for a fridge to keep food safe.
· Two chocolate chip cookies have the same amount of fat as five cups of cooked brown rice.
· Only 42 percent of Canadian men and women are physically active.


Fancy Feet:















Today's Quote:
The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. - Allan K. Chalmers


Last but not least...heeerre's GRUMPY!






4 Comments:

Blogger havlow said...

Yeah I agree with Jess on the store brand whiteners they made me teeth feel weak and fragile!! Yes mr grumpy is looking mighty pissy :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Hi there! :)

No advice from me.

Nice toes!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Hey I found you again...:D Now I put you on my list properly ( last time It went off into never -never land! )
Nice toes! :D...reminds me a gotta do mine... Ya well the sun is all gone again for us now anways isn't it? Blaaaaa ! NOT fair :(

12:40 PM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

Oh, I gotta do some foot work, too. I think I'll have to call in the professionals, my heels are so dry and cracked they're actually SHARP in parts. Ewww..

I like your kitty pictures. When we had two cats, one was an "up" cat, one was "down" cat. Out comes the vaccum, one cat scales the cupboards, the other hides under the bed. :-)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home