Thursday, August 03, 2006

Gone to camp

I took the day off today to get Aaron downtown to the drop off point for 7:30am. The ferry left with about 100 kids at 8:30 for Camp Potlatch in Howe Sound. The camp leaders looked like kids themselves! They must range from 16 to 19 years old. Aaron’s been really looking forward to this. His friend Michael invited him along. Aaron invited his friend Bijan. Michael invited another friend, Ron. The four of them were getting to know each other as they waited on the dock.

($330 for 5 days. I guess $66/day isn’t too much?) I think they are going to have a blast. I got him a 27 exposure disposable camera to document the week.

I’m alone tonight and Friday, then Bill’s in town Saturday for the BC Day long weekend. We have a 10:30 tee time for golf on Sunday! Bill goes back to work Tuesday morning early, Aaron comes home at 2:30 but then he’s at his dad’s for the next two weeks.

To make the most of my day off I’m cooking a 40-40-20 meal for myself for the next week. (Mediterranean Meatballs) I really want to apply myself to the eating part of healthy living. The workouts are much easier for me. So, I need to plan ahead have stuff in the freezer to pull out.

Cat news

Lucy is driving me crazy as per usual. Always in my way, and climbing on me to lick and suck and massage any exposed part of my body. (Bill encouraged this bad habit when she was a kitten last summer.) Ah, but she’s okay. Pretty darn cute at times. Tiger though is becoming a real pain in the butt. He’s been peeing on the counter. He’s an old cat – estimated to be 12 years old. That’s 62 in human years. Tuesday just as I was leaving for work the old codger was eating from the dry food bowl. He stopped turned around and assumed that stance! I said “what are you doing!?” He was totally zoned out and I heard a squirt, like a fart and I saw soft turd and blood in the food bowl! That bastard! He’s been peeing on the counter on occasion for a while now but shitting in his food bowl – blood no less, is new. I took him to the vet after work. I got away with a $25 check-up but if I want to know exactly(?) what is wrong with him it will be $300. It could be diabetes, could be thyroid etc. but it’ll cost that much just to get an idea and maybe it could be maintained with medication ($$$) or maybe he’s terminal. I’m sorry. I’m sorry all you cat lovers, but I just can’t stomach or afford $300 on the possibility either way. Pay the money and still find out he’s gonna die anyway? Bill’s take on this is that Tiger came into our lives a few years ago. He showed up on our doorstep needing a place to live. He adopted us basically. We took him in and gave him a very comfortable, rich life. If its his time now then, it just is. Mom made a good point today that kind of eased my mind…she said what if he’s got something that he picked up outside and could possibly give it to Lucy? That would be no good. Tiger is an in/out cat. Lucy is an indoor cat. (We had to make a promise to the cat shelter when we adopted her.) I’m having a real moral dilemma about this.


PS - if I sent you a Birthday Alarm please respond. There's nothing 'funky' about it. It will just help me remember you!

1 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

Hey Sis!

Glad to see you found us at the new forum. It should be lots of fun.

I feel bad about your cat.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home